The Charlottetown Veterinary Clinic was established in 1952 by Dr. Hammond Kelly. It was located on what is now University Avenue.
Early in the nineteen sixties, the business was moved to its current location on Kirkwood Drive. The building itself has undergone various renovations over the years to accommodate the ever-changing veterinary industry.
We are very pleased to have serviced Prince Edward Island’s veterinary needs for more than fifty years and look forward to continuing to do so for many more.
At present, there are seven full time veterinarians and one part time veterinarian. All of our vets attend continuing education during the year to keep abreast of new developments and procedures within the veterinary field.
Over the span of four decades, the Charlottetown Vet Clinic has been privy to have the following clinicians provide their services (past and present): Dr. Hammond Kelly, Dr. A.B. Kelly, Dr. Robert Webster, Dr. Wayne Cameron, Dr. Wendell Grass, Dr. Robert Johnson, Dr. Geoff Davidson, Dr. Glenn Johnson, Dr. Bob Morrison, Dr. Bill Best, Dr. Mike Mc Gowan, Dr. John Drake, Dr. James Dykman, Dr. James Kelly, Dr. James Boswall, Dr. Kim Foote, Dr. Colleen Dickie, and Dr. Jen Maclean